Sunday, April 1, 2012

The long slog of becoming a successful day trader

Hello all,

As is the case with almost everything in life, being a successful and consistent day trader takes a lot of discipline and hard work. Doing so in one singular market on a regular basis is even harder.Over the past few months I have learned from first hand experience this fact. Prior to joining TopStepTrader's Combine challenge, I had the luxury of shopping the entire universe of stocks, commodities and options for particular trade set-ups. This luxury often ment that I could go from trading Corn options to owning a $2 million market cap. stock. While I continue to shop the broader market and am now considering a few longer term options positions, the learning curve at TopStep is still rather steep and has consumed a very good deal of my time. Rather than pos recent examples of trades, I am going to use this blog to point out (primarily for myself) the daily and weekly trends as well as a 30 minute bullish and bearish scenario with potential trigger points, associated stop levels and corresponding targets.

Here then is this week's (week of March 30, 2011) post:



That's all for this post,
Brian Beamish FCSI
the_rational_investor@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment